If you’ve suffered injuries in a car wreck, hiring an accident attorney can make it easier for you to focus on getting better. A personal injury lawyer relieves paperwork burdens, protects your interests throughout the claims process, and can file a lawsuit if necessary. Getting answers to the following questions from your attorney can give you clarity and peace of mind regarding your claim.

What to Ask After a Crash  

How long will it take to settle my claim?

accident attorneyEvery case is different. There are a number of factors that can affect the length of time it takes to resolve a personal injury claim. Some of those factors include, severity of your injury, length of time to treat your injury and complexity of the legal issues involved in your case. If your case is not settled, your care accident attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf. 

Is there a deadline for filing a lawsuit?

Yes! The statute of limitations in Alabama for personal injuries in car accident cases is two years from the day of the accident. A minor has up to three years after their 19th birthday to file a personal injury lawsuit. In cases against certain entities, however, you must provide a notice of claim well before the statute of limitations runs. For this reason, you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible after an injury.

What is a contingency fee?

Most lawyers take accident cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that they receive a fixed percentage of the money they recover for you in a settlement or court judgment. If there is no recovery, the attorney is paid nothing and you will not be required to pay the attorney anything for working on your case. Your accident attorney should present a fee agreement in writing for you to review and sign before he or she begins working on the case. 

If you’re recovering from a car accident, get help from Jones & Jones, P.C. Attorneys at Law in Andalusia, AL. This law firm serves the entire Wiregrass area, negotiating settlements and trying cases with the goal of getting their clients all the compensation the law allows. Visit their website to learn more about their services or call (334) 222-3161.

Nothing on this or associated pages should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. The information is intended to be general and should not be relied upon for any specific situation

No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.