Summer is near and cooking is the last thing on our minds, right? In fact, losing weight this summer might be one of your goals, but how? Keep it simple! Fresh ingredients, mainly plant based! Keep your fridge and pantry stocked for you to be able to prepare a salad for a quick lunch or family-friendly meal within minutes.
Salad Fridge Staples:
- Peppers- all colors
- Lettuce Greens - (Romaine, Spinach, Radicchio, arugula, - all textures, flavors, even cabbage)
- Snap Peas/Snow Peas
- Fresh herbs - basil, thyme, chives.
- Fruits - blueberries, strawberries, oranges.
- Cheese - crumbled blue cheese, feta, parmesan.
Salad Pantry Staples:
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Sundried tomatoes
- Black/Green Olives
- Sliced Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans
- Parmesan Crisps/Shredded Parmesan
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine/Balsamic Vinegar
RECIPE IDEA: Simple Mediterranean Salad (pictured above)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 small jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 tbsp zesty Italian dressing
Mix everything together and serve. Top with fresh grated parmesan and ground black pepper to taste.
Note: Easily add in beans of any kind for added protein and fiber.
If you're interested in pursuing the advantages of a professional weight loss program, Nebraska Weight Management Institute will help. With locations in Lincoln and Omaha, their team has more than 20 years of experience helping patients lose weight with fast yet healthy methods. They create customized treatment plans according to your profile and goals. Find out how their process works online. If you have any questions, call (402) 483-4770. Now also serving Des Moines, IA.
About the Business