Great Bear Septic is an award-winning septic company. Serving Putnam County, Southern Dutchess County and Westchester County, they’ve carved out an unparalleled reputation for their outstanding customer service and top-notch septic work. Whether you need septic inspection, cleaning, or repair, choose New York’s leading septic tank crew at Great Bear Septic for a job well done.
Do you have a garbage disposal? With over 30 years of experience, the septic specialists at Great Bear Septic are here to keep your septic tank running smoothly, and they’ve got some bad news— your garbage disposal may be damaging your septic system.
If you want to continue to use your disposal, follow these helpful tips from Great Bear Septic:
- Throw away food: Instead of using your garbage disposal as a trash can, use it as a way to filter particles and oils out from your sewage system.
- Use cold water: Cold water will solidify oils and grease, trapping them in the disposal and preventing them from building up in the bottom of your septic tank.
- Call a pro: If you experience any problems, Great Bear Septic can inspect your tank, fix the issue and offer affordable septic pumping.
- Run it regularly: Prevent rust and corrosion from forming inside your disposal and entering your system by using the disposal every day.
- Keep it clean: After you wash the dishes, pour some soap down the drain and run the disposal for about a minute, keeping your sink and pipes clear of debris.
If you follow these tips, you will have a better maintained septic system, but every system requires professional septic tank care. For affordable and efficient septic services, call Great Bear Septic today at (548) 621-0250, or check out their website for more information.